9th to 19th April, 2024
North & South Island
Explore New Zealand's great outdoors, from high volcanic plateaus to rocky coastlines, through to the mountains of the Southern Alps
One Of The Top 10 Scenic Train Journeys In The World
email@example.com to record your interest
I invite you to explore, relax, and indulge in the breathtaking natural beauty of New Zealand's North and South Island on The Northern Explorer rail in the North Island, and The Tranzapline rail in the South Island, in April 2024.
This will be a 11 Day Retreat for women aged 40+
11 Days. $4690 pp (for ladies making their own way to and from NZ)
Sydney departure and return - $5990 pp
Your Getaway Outline..
* Shuttle Minibus - Newcastle to Sydney (additional and optional)
* Return economy flights from Sydney to Auckland (additional) International travels or NZ residents will meet
our group in Auckland
* Start your journey onboard the Northern Explorer Train for a picturesque ride to Tongariro National Park
* Explore magnificent Taupo
* Retreat and soak the natural elements of Hot Springs
* Visit Huka Falls
* Alpine walks - Moderate fitness level required
* Sight-see Wellington - Free Day to do as little or as much as you like
* Internal economy flight to Christchurch
* Sight-see Christchurch - Free day (Botanic Gardens, Avon River walk, ride the Gondola, shop till you drop!)
* Relax as you ride the TranzAlpine train and see areas of the South Island that no car can go!
* 4 to 5 Star accommodation - personal bedrooms, and in many cases, personal bathroom also
* Inter Island travel - trains, mini buses and flight included
* 9 Breakfasts and 9 evening dinners included. Lunch is an individual option each day. Alcohol not included
* Economy flight from Christchurch to Sydney, or continue your journey to another location
(additional personal costs may apply to locations other than Sydney)
Only 1 Place Remaining
The Northern Explorer
Cutting through the heart of the North Island, the Northern Explorer travels between Auckland - New Zealand's largest metro area - and Wellington - New Zealand’s political and cultural capital.
The 12 hour trip takes in 10 stops however, we will disembark on the 5th stop - TAUMARUNUI and jump into a mini bus to stay a few days at the stunning - Lake Taupo.
We reunite with The Northern Explorer to continue our journey to Wellington.
The rail journey is truly remarkable, crossing lush farmland and the volcanic plateau. We will see Tongariro National Park - home to Mordor, the fictional stronghold of Sauron in Lord of the Rings. The Northern Explorer train follows the gorges of the Rangitikei valley, it negotiates the river and its tributaries via five towering viaducts.
The park’s three active volcanoes - Mount Ruapehu, Mount Tongariro and Mount Ngauruhoe - can be spotted along with ancient lava flows, native beech forest and deep river gorges. We'll also go through the renowned Raurimu Spiral - an astounding feat of engineering.
The carriage windows are non-tinted, non-reflective glass - optimal for taking pictures as you travel. Overhead HD screens keep track of your journey while an automated commentary is available via headphones at your comfortable seat.
The Scenic TranzAlpine
The TranzAlpine tracks a route from Christchurch to Greymouth - from one coast of the South Island to the other, through the "great Divide". It is considered one of the world's greatest scenic railway journeys, covering 223 kilometres (139 miles) one way.
On the east, we'll enjoy relaxing in the garden city of Christchurch and all the beauty it has to offer before we set off into the breathtaking mountains from Springfield.
We'll cross the Canterbury Plains before weaving our way through the gorges and river valleys of the Waimakariri. Ascending the Southern Alps, we'll be awestruck by the sheer grandeur of these mountains. We hop off the scenis rail at Arthur's Pass to spend a delightful afternoon and evening exploring the town.
The TransAlpine offers carriages with huge panoramic windows and an open air viewing car so we can take unlimited happy snaps to secure long term memories.
Just like the Northern Explorer, HD screens track the journey while at-seat audio commentary is available throughout.
There is so much more to this magnificent 11 day journey including site seeing Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch.
New Zealand is renowned for their fresh produce and world class culinary delights. Good local wines and Australian wines will be easily accessible.
We will also be factoring time in to exercise while taking in the clean, crisp mountain air.
Step Into Pristine Wilderness and Beauty
Overnight stop overs will be in
You are guaranteed a private bedroom at every location stopover