Written by Kim Kiyosaki published at richdad.com
Six tips for living life to the fullestHave you ever wondered, "What does it take to truly be successful? How can I get ahead?" If we're honest, we've all been there and all asked that.
Sure, we all need to set goals and meet them, but there's more to success than simply meeting a goal. If that were it, no one would ever grow. Many people view money as success, but that doesn't work either. Many people inherit money or win it, but they also squander it. And success can't be just about a job or position. After all, we've probably all come across people who inexplicably have a high position, but we still wouldn't consider them a success.
The reality is that success is much more a mindset than it is a state of being.
The following are six characteristics of the mindset of a successful woman that I've developed over years of talks with other women and of trial and error.
1. See a world of abundance. There are two types of people in the world, those who see abundance and those who see scarcity. The reality is that the world is one of abundance, and once you see that, the way you approach life radically changes. Rather than compete with others and operate out of fear, you learn to work together and succeed together. You understand that if you don't achieve a goal this time around, there's plenty of opportunity down the line. Once you open your mind to the abundance of wealth all around you, you can harness it to achieve your dreams.
2. Use fear to your advantage. A friend of Robert's and mine says that fear is the indicator that there is usually something great on the other side. He has vowed to always "walk into the fear." One quote he shares is by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life." When you are afraid to do something great, like start a business or invest in a new asset, use that fear to help propel you forward, not turn you away. Go under it, over it, around it, through it - but don't hang around in it.
3. Listen to your inner Yoda. There's a great scene from Star Wars where Yoda tells Luke, "There is no try. There is only do." One of the things that holds women back the most is the words "try" and "can't." You can, and you will. Don't use language that has defeat already built in. Instead, consider how you can do it and then either choose to do it, or not to do it.
4. Take responsibility. The worst thing you can do is blame others for your mistakes. Doing that keeps us in a holding pattern, unable to grow because we're so busy trying to stop everybody from holding us back. Really, we're the only ones holding us back. When you fail, own it. When you succeed, own that too. Learn what you can and move on. It's the only way forward.
5. Be generous. There's a tendency for women to be competitive with each other. Shocker, right? You're probably successful because others have invested in you. There is no woman who is an island unto herself (to modify the old adage). Someone probably invested in you, generously too. Do the same with others who can benefit from your knowledge. And maybe you'll even learn something along the way.
6. Always be learning. Nothing stops success like a closed mind. The world changes so rapidly that if you don't keep learning, you'll soon be left behind. Look for lessons wherever you can find them. Read continually. Do and learn. An open mind is an open door to success.
No copyright infringement intended. This article is originally published at http://www.richdad.com/Resources/Rich-Dad-Financial-Education-Blog/November-2015/The-Mindset-of-a-Successful-Woman.aspx